|Diagnostics & Fault Finding
Modern cars have sensors which report any faults to the ECU (Engine control unit). These faults are logged on the ECU's memory. A diagnostic code reader is required to read and clear these codes.
- Miss-fire Detection
- Ignition Diagnosis
- ECU Fault Deletion
- Basic Electrical repairs & wiring
At VW Clinic we have the latest technology diagnostic equipment to run diagnostic tests on all vehicles. This means that you do not have to visit a dealership to identify fault codes and warning messages.
Our diagnostic procedure includes the following:
1. RETRIEVE DATA - A diagnostic tool is used to read faults stored.
2. VERIFICATION TESTING
- Computer codes
- Freeze frame data
- Computer software version numbers
- Sensor data and status information
3. PINPOINT TESTING
- Engine vacuum and backpressure
- Mechanical and electrical engine timing
- Ignition system
- Fuel system
- Emissions system
4. CAR REPAIR - Depending on the faults found.
- Working through wiring diagrams (VW and Audi only)
- Performing electrical and/or mechanical tests
- Visual inspections of suspect areas
- Parts replacement
- Cleaning of passages, connections and/or components
- Updating of vehicle's computer software
- Wiring repair or replacement (VW and Audi only)
Once all necessary actions have been taken, we reset the codes and test the vehicle to verify that the repair is complete.